View Single Post
Old 07-16-2015, 01:10 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
PC Servers are where most of the content for Graal is first created, and the community can only do so much without updates to the actual client and server programs themselves. Some things can be scripted to work within the game, but others require updates and it's not exactly great if the flow of updates has halted.

I brought this up mostly out of concern, and it would be really nice to hear from Unixmad on the subject if possible. Like I've heard of 'Xor' in some conversations who seems to be a higher-up that I've never even heard of, and same basically goes for Rob, our most recently announced PWA.

But staff lists on the forums and wiki probably need to be updated to reflect that, so that developers know who to get in contact with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ching
Will Uncle Stefan ever return to us?

IDK what happened between Unix and Stefan the Great, but they need to get back together again. Stefan is Graal. Unix just pretends he cant speak English
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
I agree also.
Not that it needs to be discussed much further, but Stefan had a bad habit of jumping from one project to the next without going back to make sure any of his old projects were still doing okay, which is a primary factor that has led to lots of people quitting over time.

Just consider some of the projects he was heavily involved in:

Graal Classic (Java)
Graal Classic (Client)
Graal 2001
Graal Kingdoms
Graal Zone
Graal 3D
Graal Games
Graal Mobile
Graal Facebook
Graal (Gameboy Color)

It was a new project every year or two, and a lot of them hardly received the attention they probably deserved. So new blood in Linux Cyberjoueurs might not be a bad thing if we can get help from some really experienced people who will actually interact well with the community and help out when there's major trouble on servers that are well-established.

Last edited by Draenin; 07-16-2015 at 01:26 AM..