View Single Post
Old 08-16-2014, 03:05 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless
Png can use alpha channels for example and like 24 million colors while bitmap cannot and is much larger
There's no difference in maximum color depth for these formats as they are both lossless, but the difference between them is that png is compressed while bmp is not. Transparency is also supported by both formats, but png tends to handle it better since you can do gradient transparency with it if you want to get really fancy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantosP2P View Post
Hi there.

I cannot recommend vBulletin 5.0 at all. We tried it for our forums for Valikorlia and it is just terrible! We upgraded from PHPBB to 5.0 and it was just a nightmare... We downgraded back to vBulletin 4.X and it is an amazing forum to work with, in my opinon.

http://www.kharlia.com/forumzzz - bad 5.0 forums
http://www.valikorlia.com/forum - good 4.x forums

Those are on the same host, same server for the database, but you will notice how much slower and unresponsive the vBulletin 5.1 Connect software is, I highly suggest you stay away from it.

IPBoard doesn't look too bad, but I am super happy with the last stable version of vBulletin 4.X - good luck in your decision!
I've got to admit, the version 4 software layout does look pretty slick, but I'm wondering if the sluggish response from the version 5 software is due to the fact that the large graphics seem to reload on every new page. Just a thought.

Thanks for sharing those for comparison.

Last edited by Draenin; 08-16-2014 at 04:22 AM..