View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 05:30 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
Well, tbh, it should just be an edit of pics1.png so existing levels can be optimized without having to be completely remade...
I completely disagree, the original pics1 has ugly tiles, erroneous tiles, redundant tiles, and completely obsolete tiles not to mention that is extremely frustrating to navigate through as a novice LAT (even I have issues and I've worked with the thing for almost a decade). Even a simple clean up of these tiles would probably break a large number of levels.

What needs to happen is a new pics1.png tileset be worked on in the form of a collaboration sort of like what is happening here (sorry Draenin, I think it was a mistake to choose the type 1 tileset, you're going to be extremely limited by blocking vs non blocking tiles). I am also going to push for transparency in the tileset for layer support. Dusty had the right idea when he started a pics1.png tileset for layering (big surprise).