Thread: Few era levels
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2006, 05:33 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
If you wanted me to be brutally honest, I'd say these were all just Era levels, which aren't worthy to be posted inside this forum (not your levels inparticular, but all Era levels in general). Era's tileset is devoid of detail, hardly customizable, with little room for creativity. Anything produced with that tileset is mediocre/average at best.

To comment on your levels, first, why didn't you use ALT+1 to capture the entire level for your first two screenshots? Next, please use the attachment feature that comes with the forum, no need to upload stuff to imageshack if it can be done here.

First Level: I dislike how you layered the carpet, wouldn't make sense, nobody would do that in real life. Also the randomness of the carpet doesn't make sense. Also why is there oil barrels in a building, that to me, looks like its for commercial use? Were you trying to stuff as much NPCs into one level as you could? I dislike the shape of the level too.

Second Level: Completely lacking in detail, the roof was tiled incorrectly. Random placement of flowers looks horrible as well. Not much to comment on, as there isn't much in the level.

Third Level: Ok, I suppose this is a good level, if it was supposed to be a locker room or dressing room (but then I'd wonder why there was windows in it). Anything else and it wouldn't make sense.

Last Level: No detail whatsoever, but I guess that hardly is your fault, as the Era tileset doesn't offer much in the way of detailing tiles. I wonder why the road only is wide enough for one lane of traffic. Even one way highways have two lanes.

I guess that is my short analysis on your levels.