Thread: Opinion: GUIs
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 04:20 AM
U.S. Marine Veteran
Zerith will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
To be fair, he's done it before. I don't know about now, but he's very often in the past presented simple recolors of Sandz's work. I don't want to assume that he hasn't gotten passed that, he's a friend of mine, but it's not that farfetched of a claim.

Pot, kettle; duck-rider.
...Hmm...I'm not sure how often you claim I've done this. I'd love an example brought up and I promise to be honest on whether it was me who recolored and claimed it as my own. As far as I know, Sandz was the one who mainly recolored his own creations. The farthest that I have gone to "stealing" his work would be creating all the sprites after his initial pieces.

The fact is, I keep in contact with him via Facebook, and I've even shown him all the work that I have done working off of his pieces. Although he has personally told me he loved the work I started off on my own rather than those that finished off of his unfinished ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
You have complete reason to.
I'd say that Sandz still has done the most work, without him, they'd have no idea of theme to run by, without Sandz, Zerith wouldn't even have a style to make.
Sandz started on 15 baddies, 40 NPC character styles, 6 tilesets, and 9 mounts. Those pieces that are actually FULLY completed by him are 4 baddies, 6 NPC's, 4 tilesets, and 3 mounts (chicken, buggalo, and horse). I've made about 40 baddies, plus the 11 baddies that he left unfinished (this means making all the view sprites and movement sprites for all) including the fact that I've gani'd them as well. I've started on 20 different NPC's and am finishing the 34 NPC's that Sandz has only made front views of (like his baddies). I'm also editing and completing the last 2 tilesets that Sandz left unfinished along with 3 more unfinished tilesets I started on for more dungeons. I'm finishing up the rest of the 6 mounts Sandz started and have 7 more already outlined for myself.

Point is...It's been a while and I'm indebted to what Sandz has started. But many of you old PC players/Delterians needs to know that Delteria's weight has long left the shoulders of Sandz. In fact, having Sandz as a friend on Facebook, he's told me how proud he is of the contributions I have done thus far.

I must say, is it not about time I at least start getting some credit? (Although I am not saying or doing this for any sort of recognition)

Edit: I've missed extra things made by Sandz, but nonetheless I've also missed extra stuff I've made too. Just trying to paint a picture here. Sandz has played a very important role as well as the other core guys like Tiamat and Cloven. But to assume time has stopped and their work can never be tipped over is just...demotivating.

Last edited by Zerith; 02-12-2013 at 04:41 AM..