View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 10:39 PM
Joe Cruddas (VIP)
gravator has a spectacular aura aboutgravator has a spectacular aura about
I only managed to start on 2001 during the P2P crisis, but now there's nothing being done on that server because those that have had the chance as a manager felt that with new ways to code there just HAS to be new graphics too, that's what killed it, one person gets most of the work done, passes it on, and instead of saving time and using what is already there or some of it, the next manager decides the work is not to their liking so they toss all of it and start fresh, not realizing how much there is to do, then they get overwhelmed and pass it on, rinse and repeat.

As the saying goes, too many cooks spoil the soup.

Just use the old graphics, OLD bodies (since that's what the old oldbies wanted from the beginning) and use updated scripts, i'm sure someone has all the original files from before the new bodies were put in, maybe a few tile errors to fix each level, but that's alright, no rush, just make it an update once you fix one level, it's better to have SOME kind of update than none at all no matter how small the update is, i'm sure the community would feel that something is being taken care of with constant updates than the feeling of being told "It's being worked on and its gonna be awesome! We're almost done even though by our standards 'almost' means 10 years, but hey, we're gonna spoil it for ya if we say any more about it! See you then" and just giving up hope.