View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 09:57 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
What the hell is up with these people? I'm usually pleased with new things coming around, but this is not good. Perhaps you guys don't play other games, or maybe you're all stuck in 1991, but take a look at it for a minute.

The new website depicts Graal as a game for pre-school children. The new logo makes me believe that Graal may be turning away from what it actually is; a "fantasy" online roleplaying game. The new logo is nothing compared to this current one or even better, the one before that. It doesn't seem right. The website may have had the intention of turning it more user-friendly, "simplier and cleaner" but it just appears like a dumbed down, childish fan site, it's awful.

The new Gui, especially that start bar which now appears everywhere (so it appears) is extremely ugly, it looks like something from Mario and completely doesn't fit with Graal (or at least what the players expect to be Graal).

I'm pleased to hear about the guest mode, but I really dislike the fact Graal is integrated into the web browser. Personally when I look for games, I always check to see if it is browser based or client based, it's a little less cheap. I don't understand however, the 'Playerworlds Gold Subscription', and what are "window size limitations"?

I hope to dear god that you are not suggesting that people pay to play on Classic servers, especially since there is a screenshot of Classic in that section. When people bought their accounts it states "lifetime" and sounds pretty much forever to me.

Graal is currently not worth paying for at all, even with these additions it will still be not worth paying for. The game completely lacks in actual game play and servers with quality. The quality development comes from the players, who don't seem to get anything out of it, now you're suggesting to pay to develop, and pay to learn how to develop? Graal was never like this.

I think the focus needs to be taken off these new features, because if you take Konidias for example, they're nice but not required for the standard that Graal needs to raise up to (see: Bomy Island). I was thinking yesterday how Graal could possibly advertise, but then I thought, "What the hell would they advertise?". These additions are not the direction the game needs to be taken in, at all. If you look at Korean games, they are very successful. With a bit of money and decent help this would probably take off. Most of the players are only here for the other players, it IS like everyone says, an interactive chat room, and it appears things are getting worse. I think Graal 5 is going to degrade Graal, rather then improve it.

Apologies if my post is all over the place, I'm just finding it hard to make it so it doesn't need moderating