View Single Post
Old 08-30-2017, 06:43 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
Balance certainly wasn't an issue, because everything is pretty balanced. Just a few notches too easy. And the food system? It feels pretty awesome while on the plateau initially, but later on, it kinda does feel tacked on. You just have so much food at any given time in the game, makes me think the whole thing wasn't give much thought on the long run. It makes sense that it exists because hearts aren't a viable mechanic to heal Link in such a large world, but the execution of the food system could've been better.
I'm a chef in real life. I thought the food system was very charming and well done. My server, Bomy Island, features a food system that is nowhere near as good. I would love to expand it and make it good, but all the work I could do in the world is not going to make it as good as what Nintendo did there. To call BOTW's food situation shallow is a slanted comment. Shallow compared to what? It's clearly deep compared to any other game I have seen attempt anything similar.