Thread: Shaded Legends
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 01:03 AM
David K?
Devil_Lord2 can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
It's pretty similar to what you're doing here. Mole-mitt caves in Minish Cap actually fit into the world in the same way your caves do. When you enter them, instead of loading a new level what it does is fade the visibility of the exterior world(overworld) out and instead only renders the interior of the cave.

You can see it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...kU7Ttew#t=222s
Oh my g, yes, I honestly did want to do this (and I still might), but the only problem is that the cave entrance I made at the start isn't far enough down, and I don't really know how to use a gmap.

I was thinking, sometime in the future, I could take the letters from the text document for the level, move them down several lines, and move the rest of the bottom level into a blank level.. If that is at all understandable..

But for now two levels will have to do.. I also wanted to try to setfocus so they looked like they were the same level, but I don't think I could achieve the same effect due to the same problem lol..

I do hope to fix it up to be in the same level eventually! (As well as learning how to make a gmap when I need to.)

The idea of digging inside of a mountain sounds pretty interesting also!
Perhaps something like iClassics random miners standing around outside doing nothing, the player could dig through the mountain to another area..
Great idea, no clue if it would ever be done or have an area to get to made.

Eventually I hope to fix it to be in the same level.

Digital Media Artist - David K? </3 (UnLoved)
www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz