View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 11:20 PM
David K?
Devil_Lord2 can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
Thats flashy and all but would really kill the mood of any cave :P
Maybe make something similar to this instead:
That does look good, and in a huge cage I would definitely think about that, thank you!

The idea for this is, you can still see the roof above you, which is different for everyone "I think" since the invisible tiles are selected at random onCreated..

I would love to have a lantern for it also, which I thought about doing on the walls... but the level is so small and not very 'deep'..

The player is basically going in and finding the sword, not very quest like, since you need the gloves your father gives you to pick up the rock to find the "gift". The player has not actually learned how to play, and use weapons yet, excluding picking up bushes, rocks, and talking so far. (They learn to slash in here.)

If you don't mind, I'd love to keep that idea for future reference, and I'm going to ask ZeroG what he thinks of it, and if I should switch what I've done with that. Much appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
I like the effect in Minish Cap when you use the Mole Mitts much better. It's hard to link a video to that specific effect however.

Kudos on pulling off the effect, however.
Thank you, I must thank ZeroG for being somewhat a teacher to myself in the past, and my long long long time studying how the old hammer script worked, that Callimuc gave me.

But I'd love it if you could explain the Minish Cap and Mole Mitts? Is this in another game or something I could see?

-edit-
I've googled it and learned that it is a cave, on I guess one of the Zelda games..
I have never really played any Zelda games, and the first that I have played, on the wii, I quit after finding the horse 10 minutes of starting.

Can you explain what the effect is possibly? :x
It might be interesting to look into!

Digital Media Artist - David K? </3 (UnLoved)
www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Last edited by Devil_Lord2; 03-07-2012 at 11:36 PM..