View Single Post
Old 06-16-2015, 07:03 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan
When you do 'update level' to save changes it erases the changes. I remember that there used to be a time when this didn't happen and then Stefan or someone changed something so that you had to wait 2-3 minutes in between levels. Now I'm having no such luck. Has this time been increased even further? Can something be done about it?
A number of people keep running into the problem of levels saving weirdly. I think I know what the cause is.

In serveroptions, if you do 'autosavelevels = true', the server will be saving levels several minutes after they have been updated last. If you are not frequently using the Update Level command as you work, sometimes the level files will get saved automatically by the server, but not updated. If you leave the map or get disconnected, the tiles will look like they have been erased, but sometimes you can recover them by actually chatting 'update level' in the client.

I'm not sure that I've seen a case where using the Update Level command in the editor will accidentally erase tile work, but I'll keep my eyes peeled for that as well. But again, I suspect that server option can interfere with the tile editor.