View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 03:13 AM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
Review of Halloween Pumpkin Carving Contest

The Pumpkin Carving contest on Unholy Nation is probably one of the worst events I've ever participated in. The contest was to create a pumpkin and the prizes were described as "either a broom, a hat ticket, a special limited edition Halloween hat, or possibly other prizes." The voting for the competition took place for around 20 minutes in an unannounced night, which I thought was weird, but from what I heard there wasn't much participation. My entry came in second place, with Aeko getting first place and Rufus getting third.

I logged on the next day, Nike (The guy who is/was in charge of the contest) had given me a hat ticket. Busy with stuff IRL, I logged off right after. I log back on the next day and my hat ticket has been removed, I PM Vicious the head of Player Relations, Nike and the Manager Absolut_Crono and received no reply from either about my situation. Nothing is happening, so I decide to log off again.

Today I log on and ask Crono about my prize, he replies by asking me what I would like to choose for a prize. I said that I would like my hat ticket back, the one they teased me with winning. He said no because Aeko was given a hat ticket as first place winner. Cool, ok. I'm fine with that. Now I have a choice of a broom NPC which I already have and would be pointless or a limited choice of I think 5 Halloween-related hats. During the time I was offline earlier, Rufus (third place winner) had chosen a hat because he also has the broom NPC. I bring up to Crono that second place winner should have a priority over third by giving me two choices out of the limited hats (in case anyone is wondering, a hat ticket on Unholy Nation allows you to choose any hat that is already uploaded onto the server, Aeko would still have a priority over my choices.) which he seems to disagree with and has now decided to not give me a prize at all due to stubbornness of not believing in fairness.

Apparently second and third place are equal. I think the entire thing has been handled pretty terribly.

P.S. I've already chosen one of the hallowen hats from a different contest that I had won.