View Single Post
Old 06-23-2006, 04:13 AM
Banned
protagonist is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to protagonist Send a message via MSN to protagonist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159
After playing and working for Graal for a long period of time, a lot of people have been really negative about me playing Graal because of my age, and the fact that I am a parent in real life. This has been going on since the beginning of my playing Graal, so it is not because of my being an admin on the forums, or being a Manager of a PW.

I am really curious as to why players feel this way, and if there are any other older adults that play that receive the same treatment.
We aren't your children, nor do we want to be treated like it. You are a horrible moderator because instead of being even semi-respectable, you are cold, frigid and condescending. You never contribute, you only muffle and muzzle and gag people and that's how it has always been since the horrible decision was made to appoint you. It is stuff like this...
Quote:
(Note: I mentioned no names, No discussing them please)
...that makes you loathed. It is stuff like this that contributed to me leaving, and it is stuff like this which keep you from ever being a good moderator. Instead of moderating for the community, you moderate for unixmad and only for unixmad. I don't care what excuses you give as refutation because I've heard them and they don't make up for it. I don't care about the community anymore because it is nothing but a shell now, but if you really must ask questions you might as well get a decent answer from someone who doesn't give a damn if he is banned for being too honest.

Quote:
Please give me honest answers without being hateful. I would really like to know the reasons behind why players have a problem with older adults (or just me) playing.
I had no problem with Chuck. I had no problem with other adults who play. I am an adult myself. It is because you have a position of power, and run this like a God damned preschool instead of a forum which young adults frequent. There is a wall between you and people who are younger than you, and this was not realized when you were appointed moderator, and clearly not when you were appointed forum administrator.

The whole NGRT farce, the whole "The Lounge" farce, everything is becase you had to whine and complain to unixmad. Do not think that I am stupid enough to believe that you didn't wholly contribute to those events which basically left any debating on the forum pointless. You used to participate in those debates, including some of the homosexual-directed ones, and when people started making points that you didn't like (and it was a matter of preference on your part, since they were accompanied by relevant studies), you started PMing them threateningly and calling them homophobic (I can only assume, since you did to me on at least one occasion).

And unfortunately, you don't give a **** about the community. Anyone who really cared about the community instead of being the king (or queen, as the case may be) **** of turd island would have quit over that ridiculous "no non-graal links" rule. Also, you would not have completely warped the community to the little dollhouse that it has become if you actually cared about the people in it. As much as you would like to think about this not having to do with your horrible actions, it is. Don't fool yourself more than you already do when you think that you're doing the right thing.
Quote:
No reply because none of it answered the original question, but thanks for the input anyway.
I'm sorry I didn't phrase it in the form "The reason people are unfair to you is...". And it does answer your question just fine.

Last edited by protagonist; 06-23-2006 at 04:27 AM..