View Single Post
Old 05-07-2006, 02:02 AM
Sup
Mafukie will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Mafukie Send a message via AIM to Mafukie
Your idea of a perfect server

Now, we all have our own ideas of what the perfect server would be. Which is why there are so many people trying to create their own worlds. So I am asking; what server is close to perfect but is missing some major features, or what server isn't out yet that would win your approval.

I will start.

I am basically looking for a server that has a strong crafting system where the players are in charge of crafting items, and supplying them to other players. Nothing sold via NPCs.

The closest server that comes to this type of system is Era but I found it lacking in the sense that everything is crafted at the same quality, only deciding factor for people to buy from a business is the price or if it is in stock. It would be interesting to see resources varying from Quality which produce better products, and depending if they use high quality resources, to poor quality change the actual final products quality such as damage, speed, and durability. Maybe allowing people who craft these items to use points into different parts of the gun such as speed, damage, durability (if decay was ever introduced to the system).

It would never work on Era though because players are used to this system and changing it so drastically would cause player base issues. But why end it there? Why not introduce factories for mass producing items... which you create schematics for telling it how much of the item you produced. Or say you created a really awesome product that was hard to perfect and wanted to create a batch of them because maybe next time you wouldn't get the same results?

Or how about Harvesters that will harvest resources for you that cost credits and power to maintain even when you are offline they are working for you?

Some people like myself enjoy crafting, and what I have brought up was mainly from starwars galaxies crafting system which is probably the most supurb one out there (the game sucks now so don't tell me to go back there if none of these servers offer anything close to it)

But since this is a multiplayer game, I think that the players should run the ecnomy...