Thread: Shaded Legends
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 05:24 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil_Lord2 View Post
Eh... true, I don't use any systems nor do I use the scene gani, I create my own scenes via programming the NPCs...

I feel I have a lot more control over everything, and can do it all online.
It may take longer but oh well..
Classic's cutscenes were scripted with the idea of both being able to create new scenes and be able to go back and fix problems or add improvements to old ones with relative ease. Every single aspect of cutscenes are a system, from the character NPC actions, screen fading, skip buttons, hiding the player and interface and then re-initializing the player in such a way that doesn't cause any bugs.

It doesn't make sense to script every single cutscene level independently from eachother or the rest of the server. Not only is it time inefficient to keep re-inventing the wheel with each level, if some type of problem were to emerge later on you'd find yourself having to go back and edit each cutscene level one by one.
As an example, due to the way Classic's cutscenes are made, it was fairly easy for me to make it so that if the "Join Event" button were to appear while you were within a scene, and you were to click it, it would warp you into the relevant event level, and then communicate with the scene system to safely remove any affects the scene has placed on you.

As far as what takes longer goes, I'd say the systematic way takes longer at first, but then saves you a lot more time in future.