Thread: Shaded Legends
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 06:56 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
None of the PWA members, to my knowledge, experienced any freezeups in the intro during our inspections. We are aware of others having them though. History has shown us that no server reacts the same to every individual. These reactions are actually a good reason in themselves for hosted status. Personally I feel they should give the intro priority or disable it until its fixed. Its now a known issue and if it gives a poor initial opinion of a server it will most likely ruin that servers reputation for eternity to players victimized by it.

Keep in mind that those making these servers are not full time employees of [insert popular video game company here] who spend hours debugging their games offline to ensure smooth gameplay when they go public. These are hobbyists who do this because they enjoy the challenge. Graal is unique in that it offers players the opportunity to build a server that is then critiqued by their peers. Those staff members with enough maturity to handle those critisicms will take the input given to them by the players and improve the quality of their server. Just as Crow did with Atlantis, players should be able to report their bugs here then the staff can address them.

Under PWA guidelines for hosted, these servers will be subject to periodic reviews to ensure that they are not only progressing but that bug issues are being taken care of. There is no set schedule for these reviews but we are watching progress. Other developers are their worst critics of course which is not a bad thing. The predators though should just remember that one day it will be their turn to be the prey and I expect them to handle those critisicms with maturity as well.