View Single Post
Old 05-31-2014, 02:46 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I think a consistent theme (i.e., let's not use zone-style lasers on GK) is much more important than a storyline.

Although I do feel a back story (i.e., the bomy moon crashing into the kingdom islands) is a great start but any sort of story line seems unnecessary.

Does anyone disagree or agree?
I agree about a consistent theme. However I feel storyline is kinda important. A storyline is what makes you feel more involved in the actual game play. It eleviates the stress of grind for exp to spar or grind for cash to have cool items. It serves purpose in guiding you for what you should be doing generally. Like pokemon for example. You follow a set of gyms usually in a predetermined order so that it gets just a little harder each time (similar to how gk should do leveling leading you thru areas when your ready). Really if you dont use a storyline you are causing minor to severe conflicts in gameplay. You are foremost relying on the players imagination to have fun since well theres no story you kinda have to make it up.. as we all know as we get older we use it less and less so your target audience starts shrinking.. You then run the risk of causing people to have different imaginations and well its like working in a factory speaking only english around people primararily speaking spanish .. and at my work i know how hard that can be at times ... wow... but I don't mean language, i mean like say u got a kingdom event going on and some jerk is just doing random bored people stuff and starts interupting you because he doesnt realize your role playing. in a typical storyline its usually clear what you are doing in a certain area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoX View Post
The idea on the storyline was to give each questline its own little story. So there wont be a main story, but many little stories which people can do via questing.
Similar to like delteria's questing how you can go out of order or is there any particular order? if there in order the small stories add up to a main one. and having many stories is the only way its even possible to do a main story.