View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 06:02 PM
firefighter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Cool updates and I hope a new server can finally make it classic soon. One question, what will separate your server from the others? How will people make money? What will keep players busy? Just a thought while your working forward on your server, as these are questions the globals will ask you. GL
Our server seperates at the moment in many points from others.

Here a few examples:
  • as I said, our server has its own experience system. For example we dont need any parties (but we have guilds - then you cant get hurted by players of same guild) because experience points are splitted automatically on players that have attacked the same baddie. The exp they get depends on what level difference there is and how much damage was made
  • our item system seperate us from others too because instead of only showing images in inventory, we have an alphabetically ordered list of names (with item image and amount)
  • we have global buy/sell block class. Not every item is sellable or buyable. To sell item (when sell price is shown) simply drag & drop the item from the inventory (drag it over the inventory window, set amount of dragged item with up/down; full amount: a; nothing: s) onto the buy/sell block of the item of same kind
  • Items can be "thrown". They cant only dropped in a defined distance from your position ;-)
  • to buy items, simply grab or left-click it. then a GUI will be shown in wich you can see many useful information like description and specifications. You can either enter the amount you would like to buy or the maximum money you would like to give and the amount is then calculated automatically
  • we have own nick name layout and multi lined chat messages

At the moment you can only make money by mine. We have a different mining system too because instead of simply pick stones, you must at first pick 6 tiles of the wall of the mine (they really hide) and you will get a mining stone wich you can mine then to get minerals. Some minerals are more seldom than others ;-)

You can either buy items (weapons, shields, armors, tools) directly in shops or make them at your own by collecting e.g. minerals, melt them (you can make alloys of them too like tin+copper=bronze) and smith them in one of the smithies.

Later you will be able to plant e.g. fruit trees, plants, bake, drive own steam engines with waggons on railroads (you need to drop coal in the steam engine then) and much more. You will be able to own shops and manage items (kinds and prices) directly. Also you can own houses and appartments in e.g. hotels.

We have many good ideas. E.g. a player can gets hungry or thirsty too (when he is to hungry or thirsty, he will loose some health). You can stanch hunger by making some food and eat it.
Some stats are dynamic (like intelligence, willpower, luck and dexterity; players can directly modify them by pressing e) others must be trained (like strength, black magic, white magic etc). Among other things experience, strength, black and white magic can be lost if not trained for long time.

So a player will be busy every time :-)

I hope I could give you a good foretaste of what is to come.