View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 09:48 AM
Graalian Stallion
Deophite18 is just really niceDeophite18 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoudiniMan View Post

Deophite,
Could you elaborate on your thoughts more? Specifically, giving better access to PWA to the players and areas you see the service level lacking?
Ever since PWA existed, it has kind of been in the background. There is a large percentage of players that have never even heard of PWA. Even a lot of local staff on different playerworlds. Out of the ones that have actually heard of it, a lot of them don’t even really know what you guys do. This leads me to my next point. Even if its only one playerworld admin, Id like to see PWA log more hours on various player worlds to make it easier for players to actually find you without searching the forum or putting in a ticket. I personally would make it known to as many people as possible, who I am, what I do, and how I can and cannot help you. And if I cannot help you show you who can. Try to familiarize myself with as many local staff as possible so word gets around. Wear staff tags more often as well so you are easier to find.

On several occasions IV seen players skipping from server to server looking for a global admin for whatever problem it was they were having at the time. Usually I would point them towards the support center or tell them to use forum PM. More than often those people don’t know what the support center is and the ones who already put in tickets said they were still waiting for a response. This reinforces my idea about becoming more active in the actual community so this wouldn’t be as big of an issue. Also, as you know only people with gold can use the forums which currently leaves the support center as the only means of contact with the PWA for a lot of people.

As far as I can see the PWA section of the forums has never been used for anything other than applications. A section for people who have legit PWA specific questions that don’t really require them to fill out a support ticket could be useful. Maybe sticky a thread that details what the PWA actually does for quick access for the people who don’t already know.
Zting Ðarkmåne (Game Coordinator) (9/23/2004 10:06:44 PM):
Mass message:
Deophite won the Team MES and a big ol' sack of tickets. For people who
think Deo's pretty much good at everything, we discovered his archilles heel.
He sucks at tic tac toe. Go forth, exploit his weakness. Bring him to his knees.
-Sting

Last edited by Deophite18; 03-26-2008 at 10:39 PM..