View Single Post
Old 05-31-2006, 03:33 AM
Okiesmokie
ApothiX is on a distinguished road
As much as I hate your useless bloatty addition requests, this one isn't that bad. However I would have to ask for a few things differently.

player.guilds[] shouldn't exist, it would definitely bloat the hell out of the player object.

Perhaps a player.getActiveGuilds() function that returns an array of integers (IDs) of which the player is in, and can be accessed by using guilds[ID]

Also, of course, all of these variables would have to be read-only. Nothing should be modified in the guild database unless it is someone with the correct credentials to do so. I would feel a little uneasy if I logged on a server and some script was modifying my global guild.

One more thing: Guilds should not have clientside 'client.' variables. All variables added via script should be completely serverside. That would be a hell of a lot of information the server would have to send (and update) if all the guilds had clientside variables associated with them.

[06:24:19] * Parts: Skyld (i=silent@unaffiliated/skyld) ("Perhaps Okiesmokie did not realise that I like the boys. ")