Thread: New Scripted RC
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2014, 08:27 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Some things:
  • Font looks cleaner in external RC. I don't know what it is, but I would like client RC to use it.
  • If a line of text has no wrapping in it, it will wrap it, but moves the block of text under your name.
  • Paste "Lorem Ipsum 사용할 수있는 구절 많은 변화가 있지만, 대부분의, 주입 유머로, 어떤 형태의 변경을 입었거나 조금이라도 믿을 보이지 않는 단어를 무작위. 당신은 Lorem Ipsum의 통로를 사용하려는 경우, 당신은 텍스트의 가운데에 숨겨진 뭔가 당황 없다는 확신해야합니다." into the chat bar and it will turn most characters into boxes. It shows the correct text in the chat window once it has been submitted, with the exception of a few characters. The characters that do not show will appear if they are entered in individually or as part of a smaller piece of text.
  • Japanese font choice could be better.
  • Options for RC should probably match the style of F3 settings or playerlist options. There's a lack of visual consistency throughout.
  • Would prefer it if items were highlighted more like external RC: only when you click on an item, no hover over effect, and inverted font color.
  • I dislike how script windows open up directly over the listing windows. Would be nicer if they acted like other software windows generally do.
  • File Browser should be in alphabetical order and it doesn't have a very nice appearance overall. Would probably benefit from an overhaul visually.
  • File Browser isn't using the new text editor.
  • Can't drag and drop in File Browser.
  • A big one for me is the ability to double click on levels in RC, and when I save them, they are automatically uploaded. I guess the *new* level editor will be integrated in this way?
  • There appears to be a character limit in the chat box now. I don't think there is one in external RC.
  • Player count only shows the number of players that you have seen on your screen. It should show the overall player count.
  • NC buttons don't indicate the NPC server being down like they do on external RC.

Some ideas:
  • Separate tab for NC spam, only accessible by those with NC rights.
  • Ability to tile, cascade or tab windows instead of just tabbed.
  • View community names instead of nicknames in chat as an option.
  • Local timestamps in chat as an option.
  • "/clear" in chat as a feature.
  • A few IRC clients offer the ability to add alerts to a list of keywords that you specify. In places where there is lots of discussion it is nice to be able to receive alerts for topics that you are interested in, especially when you're referred to. Have always wanted this on RC.
  • Would personally like to see an area that shows you who is on RC (again, like IRC clients) but that type of layout change might be too controversial.
  • Is it possible to show separate external windows as individual taskbar windows? I'm sure I seen that once.

Last edited by Rufus; 09-23-2014 at 09:27 AM..