View Single Post
Old 04-23-2005, 03:31 PM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
I believed 2k1 went downhill with the introduction of the new bodies, bomy moon crashing into the world and the "evil bomies" the whole ridiculous thing about how bomies are super intelligent and have psychic powers... it was ruining things.

Bomies should be kept as pets... that's it. Possibly you could play as a bomy but I wouldn't consider it an equal race to graalians, it's just stupid to have two races because they never balance out evenly. The fact that bomies were pets yet somehow they are supposed to be smarter than graalians just didn't make sense. I always believed bomies to be like yoshis from mario. You could ride them, keep them as a pet, they helped you out with certain things, you could feed them and maybe teach them tricks and stuff. When I was working on bomy pets I was wanting to give them special techniques, like being able to kick the bomy pet into certain rocks and it would spin into it and break it. Letting your bomy pet carry a basket so it could hold extra items for you... (I think I actually scripted that) There was also bomy battling but that was kind of silly and I'm glad I never finished it.

The new bodies need to GO. Badly. The bodies and the HP system contributed to the fall of 2k1. I stopped playing it right after those bodies came out. It made sparring and pking impossible, it totally and completely ruined fighting. The market was my idea, and it was good... until the whole rare hat thing which just got totally out of hand with the hacking and stuff. The rare hats were actually not a bad idea, before all the hacking and whatnot. I think having a hat system where you can only have one of each hat would be a more effective way of stopping people from hording tons of one kind of hat. At least a little bit anyway.

I didn't really like when they tried to introduce the kingdoms as some sort of huge ordeal... they sort of forced kingdoms on us like we had to join one or we would be at a disadvantage. It was quite annoying. I really loved the jobs though, they were well thought out and required several different tasks to complete them. The draisine was awesome, there were some fun events (even though there were hackers back then)

All 2k1 needed was hack protection, better security, removal of all the dumb ideas, and it'd be good to go. Plus an updated tileset would attract people to at least check out the new graphics. If they found that the gameplay had changed as well, they just might stick around.