View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 01:12 AM
The Blackswan
pooper200000 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to pooper200000
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesmoothcriminal View Post
Too many roles. Give it to someone who has no other responsibilities
Wouldn't it be better to give a position to someone who already has responsibilities? It proves they are capable of handling such a responsibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
wut

ur doin it rong, bein harassd isn't favorable 2 me

i enjoyed reading this thread.
you've been contradicting yourself the whole time, 'pooper200000'.
I haven't been contradicting myself. I've been answering those who object to me being given the position and respond to their concerns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unpredlctable View Post
There's a huge difference between being two-faced and being "personal". There's being an all-around honestly nice guy and then there's changing how you act in every situation so you appeal better to each individual person. First time you randomly PMed on Graal, you sounded like a ****ing telemarketer, pal. Felt like I was being surveyed for chrissakes.
There is a difference between being two-faced and being personal. Being two faced would be to speak with a person and then to act completely against them. I am personal in that I will speak with one person, but I will not tell them what I think of another person unless that person would not mind. I am careful with my words and I try to avoid offending anyone.

I think my messaging you on Graal portrays my interest in interacting with others. I remember finding amusement from some of your posts on the forums and I really learned a lot of information from you.

I remember specifically stating when speaking with you that I enjoy finding out everyone else's opinions. This shows my consistency in wondering what is going on with other servers and it proves my curiosity as to what is happening on a global scale.

I also asked you in those messages if Unholy Nation had updated recently. I also learned about your back round from playing on Classic and that you left classic because nothing was really happening.

You may have felt like I was a telemarketer, but I learned from you and your experience. I was capable of interacting with you, and you seemed capable of interacting with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
We don't need someone who has multiple personalities (along with a number of other problems such as two faced, snitch, etc) to be our News Admin. We need someone consistent and trustworthy who can bring something real to the position.
I don't have multiple personalities, I'm personal. I admit I am a snitch. If there is a staff member who proves to me on a consistent basis they are not able to perform the duties because of instances such as abuse, I of course report them. I think that shows dedication because I'm able to put aside personal bias and act appropriately.

I bring something real to the position. I bring an application that is unique from the other applications. I think my application was a breath of fresh air because it didn't follow the same dry format.

The application proves I understand when one format of communication does not work and that I am versatile in my communication. My versatility proves I am able to attract others to read something even if they may have the misconception that it is the "same old same old."

I bring to the table my experience as a Zone staff member, and the trust and consistency I have earned on Zone. As Jesse said, I'm mature and trustworthy with power. Jesse has been around for Zone on ages and if I wasn't trustworthy, I wouldn't be GP.

Dan has managed Zone and has given me the privilege of being the Zone GP. Dan was at first unsure in his decision for me to be GP in part due to abuse of previous staff members, but over time I proved my ability to perform the position.

As is shown, the Zone staff know I am responsible with my rights. My past history on Zone with staff members abusing on me shows I am reluctant to abuse those same rights.

I am also consistent in my responsibility and often interact with the players of Zone through all of my roles. I rarely run into problems and I'm a generally cheery and perky person. At times I do have to act serious and am able to do this easily.

The real traits I bring to the position are:
  • Not abusing power and acting responsibly with the power I am given.
  • Enthusiasm to do a great job and versatility to improve to most standards!
  • Wisdom gained from my time spent being staff on Graal.
  • Solidity in my interactions with others and an interest in learning.

Those skills prove I am capable of handling the position of being a news administrator. Abuse wouldn't be a problem with me, and I'm enthusiastic, and energetic for the position! I'm versatile and that is a necessity to adapt to keep interest in reading the news.

I have maturity I have gained from being a staff member on Graal, and I am solid in my interactions with others. Coupled with my interest in learning, it shows I am willing to put in hard work to do an excellent job.