View Single Post
Old 06-28-2007, 02:26 AM
BARGAD will become famous soon enough
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vima View Post
I don't really like your detailing, Almost all your detail is half of something for example the grass.
What you like in level of detail and what style you prefer will always differ between players. Some like very heavy detail, while others prefer less detailed levels. I think this is also different between what you enjoy watching, and what you enjoy playing on. I for example enjoy watching hevily detailed levels, but when it comes to actually playing them, I find all the objects to be in the way.

Quote:
AND i discovered some cliff bugs too and the pathing has also a bunch of tileerrors.
Just a suggestion ;D
Spotting tile "errors" is always hard for the level maker, because they are so easily made. At times though, what you find to be a actual tile error can differ from player to player. But I'm pretty sure theres some errors here and there.

But then again, this level was made some years ago as Gerami pointed out. I think leveling styles are different now, although I can not say for sure since I'm not up to date with it anymore. Would be great if more players could make some new tutorials though, because I think a good way to learn to make levels and develop your own style is to watch others work. I wouldnt mind some sort of guide pointing out what the current way of level making there is !

And hello everyone, been awhile!

Came to think of it, thats one weird level with what I think was a path leading nowhere and not much space to actually walk around on the level. Still perhaps gave someone some idea how you could use the cliff tiles or so !

Born To Kill
Death Silent Killers

Two little newbies, out in the sun.
Then came Gori and there was only one.