View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 11:48 PM
skillmaster19 will become famous soon enough
Here is the order in which I would prefer Kingdoms be marketed
#1: one time purchase(Doubt Stefan would be willing to do this)
#2 Subscriptions (cheap, 0.99-1.99/Month, I would never pay more than $5 a month)
#3: content(dungeons) purchases
#4:.(least preferred) Cash shops. Cash shops provide an unfair advantage against other players. It doesn't matter on Classic because the gameplay is casual and money does not effect PVP, nor does it matter much on Era as you do not need much money on it to get a good weapon(yet). However on Kingdoms, PVP will probably heavily rely on your level and weapon. If a player could simply spend $40 on in game currency at the beginning on the game, he or she could get a great weapon and have an unfair advantage over someone who only spends $10 or doesn't pay at all. If a player spends $20 on exp boosting potions, that will completely kill the fun at the beginning of the game, when everyone starts out equal. The player might play 2 hours and reach level 15 and a player who spends 4 hours might only reach level 10. I will be very dissapointed if I find out Kingdoms iPhone takes this path.

Off topic, but can you tell us if the combat system will more focus on action or strategy? For example if player a swings his sword, could player b shield it if he times it right? Will spells be casted automatically or will they be aimed?

Last edited by skillmaster19; 03-13-2011 at 11:49 PM.. Reason: two characters made a frown face