View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 03:06 AM
The Blackswan
pooper200000 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to pooper200000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
It's so dorky and not in a "haha that's clever" way, just in a "I feel as though my existence has been insulted" way. I didn't understand what the opening post was supposed to be at first, because it reads like something I would expect from a 11 year old trying to be a smartass.

Here's a few reasons why I don't think you should get the position:
  • As mentioned, your writing is all over the place. You don't seem to have any quirkiness to your text and I found what you posted really uncomfortable to read for more reasons than one. It's almost as though you're trying too hard, linking keywords as though we don't know what they mean when they're pretty basic. It's condescending and as stated earlier by someone else, pretentious.
  • You're a gossip and a trouble maker. While these 'qualities' may be great to have for a tabloid newspaper journalist, they certainly aren't appropriate for a game company. You have spread chat logs of administrators to several people I know and deliberately spread rumors about people. This is immature childsplay, but apparently this kind of sleaze is noteworthy to you.
  • You're a social chameleon and tell the administrators of the game what they want to hear. I feel as though this would make for awfully boring news and would bring about nothing we haven't already got.
  • While you may have the ability to change your colors for the administrators of the game, you are lacking when it comes to associating with the players. This is very much evident in your excessive moderation of the forums and your responses to forum pm's when inquiring or complaining. I feel as this job will heavily rely upon social interaction at a player level, but if you want to act like you've above players and the moral compass for Graal then you can never truly associate with us.
I linked to words, as providing links can often times allow for players who may not be posting on the forums to understand some of the abbreviations we use.

I disagree with your statements of being a gossip and trouble maker. While I am unsure what exactly you mean by spread, I will admit to having shared chat logs. As is part of my position on Zone, I feel it necessary to share chat logs with my superiors when they request the history. I have also chosen to give information from history to players, as I often will copy information from the history of one player to send to another in instances of similiar information.

I do not recall deliberately spreading rumors, as a rumor could be one of many things. If you are saying I speak good of others, this is true. I am respectful of all people.

As far as your comments go about me being a social chameleon, I adapt to speak with each person in a manner that is favorable to them.

For example if someone doesn't like to talk about cheese, I won't bring up cheese, but instead may bring up their favorite (Once again, I am English. Not their favourite to me) food. I call this being sociable and it allows me to better interact with players and staff as a whole.

I am able to associate with players, but it is at times necessary with my moderation to act. I'm not above the players, I am exactly the opposite. I am below the players.

As I have told some of the Zone staff, becoming a staff member does not make you better than everyone else. It only makes you lower, because you must work to do a good job and must make wise decisions.

Acting as a staff member, when players lack the ability to act only alienates one from the players. As I've already responded, and as you have stated, I have a "chameleon personality" and this personality would allow for me to interact better with the players to be at a level only slightly lower than them.