View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 01:25 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Diversifying the server

Although I don't think new content is truly necessary to revive the server, it can serve a useful function in doing so provided that it's done right.

The main problem with 2K2 content-wise is that it's built up in depth but not in width. Any new content that's going to improve the server's ability to attract and retain players needs to give players truly new things to do. Things like battle island and new training dungeons do not provide truly new things to do. They provide new places to do old things.

One way of creating truly new things to do is to incorporate content from other servers into 2K2 (things like Era's business system), allowing 2K2 to become "many servers in one", although this would take a lot of scripting work (though it wouldn't need to require a lot of level-design work).

At least one fairly unique (to Graal) idea I've come up with that could generate truly new things to do is an expansion of the pet system. As a FAQ I've discovered that a surprising number of newbies have a great deal of interest in pets and expanding the system (maybe with something like pet battling) would allow the server to exploit this market.