View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 12:11 AM
Kds Xanadu
Dante55555 is an unknown quantity at this point
Problem with Iricia/Zone Idea thread

EDIT: This was just going to start off as a rant about Iricia but..it turned into more, I guess.

I don't know how many of you can go back with me on this, but here I go:

Iricia, an epic planet. I recall the dozens of people running around on it, the bullets from smg and appirces flying all around you. I remember the countless raids on base 1 with good friends like Jo, Dark, rykuz and all my other close friends.

This was back when life on Zone was good, when you could actually idle on Iricia and not get killed. This was back when if you used appirces you were considered lame. If you EVER strafed with pistols, you were beyond forgiveness.

One of my earliest Zone memories was chilling out at base 4 with Riley. This was back when everyone who was cool hung around base 4. Man, those really were the days. Although it is just a video game, Zone has some of my fondest memories. I've met some truly amazing people and had some good times with them.

I see Zone now as this...grotesque shadow of what it once was.

No one plays Alpha anymore, the greatest planet of all time. No one touches WildCross, Alpha's close second. Zone is no longer the great server it once was. I came back to a server filled with players that cared about nothing but getting more kills.

They didn't savor gameplay, they didn't savor a good battle. To this very day, I can't shoot someone who doesn't have a weapon out. Sometimes I make exceptions, like if someone lamed me and such, but 9 times out of 10 I can't do it.

Basically, I want all of your help to bring Zone back to the way it was. I would love to see all the things from Old Zone back, but one of the vital things missing is the great community. All of my old friends are something I could never replace..

So I want to know what you guys think. I want to know everything and anything you think could make Zone better.

Here is an example:

Iricia is no longer Iricia. You could take out all the bases and no one would complain. The main objective of Iricia now is to get to the other teams HQ and lame them before they lame you.

What happened to scurrying to base 1 at the start of each round? I remember racing people to get there all the time! I remember I could jetpack from Sweep to Base 1 soooo fast.

I want your ideas. I want to know what YOU as the players think we can/should do to try and fix this problem. What can we do to make people want to actually play Iricia again?

The same thing applies to any other problem. What is wrong with Zone in your opinion and what should be done to fix it?

I will be extremely strict on posts in here. Here are the things I will be looking for:

*Posts that actually make sense and have relatively acceptable grammar. i dnt wnt to sort threw psts liek this.
*I want you to post what you feel is wrong with Zone, but I don't want you to post something stupid like "gelat noobs need to die" or something. Problems like the problem with Iricia may be listed.
*List a problem. You are not required to actually post a solution to your problem, but you may bring it up as a topic of discussion.
*Posts that have constructive criticism. No outright flaming will be tolerated.
*DO NOT POST PROBLEMS WITH A STAFF MEMBER IN THIS THREAD. If it is something you are truly concerned about PM Daniel or myself.

These will be editted as this thread goes on, I'm sure, but for now those are the basics.

Thanks for all your help in advance,

- Dante