Thread: Preview Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2017, 05:22 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
ya its too early for me to adopt 4k, no way im pushing good FPS with my rig
I started with a PC I bought for $150 at a pawn shop, and while I was working over the years I bought 1 part at a time until I built a new computer. Now I have an i7-4790k, 16gb ram, a few SSD drives, and 2 GTX 980Ti gpus running in SLI. It will basically run anything in 4K max settings 60fps. Too bad there really aren't that many amazing games available for PC that I'm super interested in, but modding older games I like alone justifies the hardware. Playing F-ZERO GX in DolphinVR using a Wavebird controller and official Nintendo USB controller adapter is pretty sweet, definitely better than the VR games on Steam. Sometimes you gotta make your own fun with video games.

It's cool just having the option to play games in super high resolution. Some games, like PSO2 (yeah I play that), have bad GUI and menu scaling problems where everything is tiny in 4K.