Thread: Preview Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2017, 03:26 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimetasticSlushy View Post
If you can get the woodcutting to work well, make a system for players to craft some wooden items. First thing I can think of is fletching arrows.

Also do you think you could add some kind of third resource next to bombs and arrows for "elemental" weapons and abilities like that torch? Like some kind of condensed mote of elemental energy. It could open up some opportunities for some cool stuff.
I'm going to be trying a whole lot of different stuff and seeing what is most fun, then adding the funnest things I make to the game. If cutting trees and collecting wood can be really fun, it can get added, but if it proves to not be so fun it won't. We'll just see.

There is a possibility that I could be bringing back an idea konidias had where there was a stamina meter that allowed the player to dash for a short period of time. I thought about different ideas for the torch also, like it requiring a material to fuel it (maybe flammable liquid stored in a bottle), or making it burn up over time so you have to stock up on them or craft them. Like I said previously, I will be testing things to see what is most fun.

If anyone has ideas for insect species I should add to the game, I am especially open to that sort of suggestion right now. Right now we have butterflies, crickets, and frogs. You can also catch the birds. The idea is that you will be able to keep birds as pets that can deliver a message to another player by flight, and display insects on the wall in your playerhouse or sell them.