View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 06:04 PM
Gladius
BlackSolider will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlackSolider
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matman58 View Post
Though I will agree with Gladius as well, if I am understanding correctly what he was saying, but it is possible that a bi-weekly setup at first could be confusing to non regular players.
I was actually mistaken, as my suggestion was geared toward a weekly event hosting situation, rather than the bi-weekly suggestion that Thor made. We should keep the day the same if it's every other week, that way we don't have to wonder/check somewhere.

@ mystic and zip

Given that Classic is UC but the events system is mostly complete, an event marathon would be a good way to attract potential players for when the server does go live by introducing them to the best part of the server. While we don't want to over-rely on events like we did in the past, the beauty of the new system is that many of them are hostable by the public. We can introduce people to the events via the marathon, and if they enjoy them, they're likely to come back with their friends and play them publicly.

So until Classic either goes live or has a regular playerbase, GC's having the "freedom" to host whenever just isn't practical. Sure, we've hosted a few events when 6-10 people are online, but those moments are rare. But with a scheduled event marathon, we can be sure that people will show up.