View Single Post
Old 12-06-2004, 07:17 PM
Bah.
phildoc is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Advice Please : Level Design

Hi there,

As you can see from the title of the topic I’m new to making levels and I’m looking for some help. What I don’t want is a score out of 10, which quite a few level topics have. The reason I don’t want a score is because I know that it’s not good enough or as good as I can make it (hopefully) and so there would be no point in having it scored.

As you can see below is a screen shot of the level I made. I know many of you could quite easily pick it apart, but I would rather you didn’t. Comments are welcome, preferably constructive.

Now when I look at that, I know there is stuff missing, it is too empty as a whole I feel. Too much plain grass, or something and I need to know what you would, or think I should put in it.

Those of you feeling more creative, the level is there for you to download and modify/edit to how you would do it, take a screen shot and post it up.

If this on going tutorial goes well, then if you guys don’t mind we’ll try things like houses etc. as well, but most people seem to go for the ‘Rate My Level’ type thing, so I don’t know how well this will go.

Like I said, constructive comments please, although on the other hand I do need to know what you think. Just break it to me easily heh.

Thanks in advance,

Phil

P.S - No i'm not sure what is going on with the top right heart, must be paint
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	level_001_a.PNG
Views:	194
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	30308  
Attached Files
File Type: zip level_001_a.zip (1.2 KB, 131 views)