View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 08:21 AM
Ziro_of_the_Turks will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperZakuto View Post
I did not create this thread for the problem of rare items being handed to noobs... I created this so common items will not become rare. eventually ID will become rare again... which is what i'm trying to stop. remember FID's and ID's were common items at one point. IDs will fade out just like Ice Flaming Swords did. IFS's were a holiday item at one point, and really common. Many people had 5-10 in there house.
You failed to mention HOW common ID's and FID's were... like so common, that you could craft them in Hirathia. And I can relate to the "5-10" in their house thing. Years ago, when things like bloodsabre were first released, and that thunder sword, I had a bunch of those things in my house just stored away. I thought it was all junk... in fact, I think I had blessed some of those weapons to ogma+2 and sold them to the store for plat.

Edit: I think the solution for ID's has already been done (releasing them for halloween and then some more on christmas). Yes, it's a temporary solution, but it can be done again, and again, and again. I'm not saying ID's should be released every holiday... but maybe we should see how things go. If ID's become rare again and prices start skyrocketting, then it's time to release them again. The earlier this is done- the better. We don't want someone to pay a standard rate of 200 diamonds for a clean ID a week before Easter, and then find out that Easter brings us free ID's for all x.x So, in between holidays, if there is need to release more ID's, they should be done through regular events.

Now that leaves FID's... maybe they should be/stay rare like event items. I really do NOT like the practice of releasing items in a common-form and then suddenly deciding to make them rare, but... well, there's no but, but it felt right to put that there. And in all actuality, I don't care if they're common or rare. Does anyone think FiD's should be common like ID's, or at least much more common?

Last edited by Ziro_of_the_Turks; 01-24-2008 at 08:42 AM..