View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 08:58 PM
dbug will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
So what system are PC servers meant to run under? Are they still using the global gralat shop or what? On iClassic/iEra they just use in-game gralats as a currency, which helps a lot in giving players a choice. They can either just buy more in-game gralats, or they can actually obtain them in-game at a much slower pace. This is what cash shops are about. But is that even possible on PC? I mean, if UN were to go to such a system what would stop staff from just collapsing the system by giving their friends tons of gralats? All it would take is someone with a single RW level to do his bidding.

I guess on PC the global shop is the only secure way to have such a system because of exploits. I feel maybe Stefan should instead set up a server config when enabled locks down things like player.rupees and such. That way servers can opt for an iServer sort of set-up, and not worry about one rogue staff exploiting it all.
Couldn't they add a login script and a server option so they could lock rupee's down and still provide access to them? like limit how many can be given via script? log potential abuse.. or how would servers provide gralats without abuse?