View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 08:15 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
I honestly think we should just push for more improvements on the current terrain system. It's already very similar to what you're suggesting, Galdor, but we'd just need to see more improvements made to it. On my server, we've gotten as far as making 'cliffs' that you can fall down from, but can't walk back up. And I have plans to implement things like diving into deep water as well. There's already a lot of potential with terrain maps, but few people utilize them like they should.

Now, I've seen the engine bought from GarageGames and how it's been used for Graal, and that looks pretty freakin' sweet. But I wonder why they never followed up on that. The main limitation I can see with it is that not everybody knows how to do a lot of 3D modeling, but we used to have a few people interested in that kind of development, including me.

However, since most new Graal projects are kept secret these days and never opened up to the public so we can make a community effort to develop on a flagship server, even the most ambitious projects falter and we're only left with previews of things which are never going to happen.