View Single Post
Old 03-08-2008, 06:29 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Hmm, I can't say I agree on your ideas of 'immunity to harsh enviroments', mainly because it's impossible and annoying to try to do so. I do think if it's ever reported, then it should be dealt with... but I don't think we need a 'system' to do the work, IE a censorship thing. You can't censor people, I find it annoying when people try to censor because it just leads to others avoiding the censor and odd problems with normal words being censored. This is the internet, you're never going to be able to censor people, and harsh environments aren't exactly rare.

Though... if it is done on the clientside and people can enable it themselves and not actually censor the person when they talk, this may discourage avoiding the filter since you're not actually censoring the person. I doubt it though, because the stuff you really want to censor will be slurred at others... and people will purposely avoid the filter just so they know the other person can see it.