View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 01:14 AM
haunter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
I see your argument but when you consider that with both Default and all the different Custom systems the server has had since the beginning it has never been a known problem that an explanation of how to do it might be going a bit too far, I can't say I've ever seen or heard from somebody that doesn't know how to respawn, I would guess that the vast majority of peoples first instinct would have been to press one of the arrow keys, I shall however extend it to the other main keys.
I may have put too much emphasis on the "tips" thing... That was more for the case of only the arrow keys respawning the user, since it seems so backward to me (even though I played Graal with it like that for years and never thought twice about it.)

The [Enter] or [Space] keys should be the first guess for any new user trying to respawn. It's obviously not a 100% catch-all solution, but I'm confident that for the majority of new users one of those keys will be at least the second (if not the first) key they try individually when figuring out how to respawn... And of course, keeping the arrow keys functional for this will ensure that oldbies will be comfortable as well.

Cheers,