View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 11:51 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by haunter View Post
Keep the "drop block through hole in ceiling from floor above" mechanic, but have only one extra block down by the canal. Replace the vast expanse across the canal with a broken bridge/catwalk that is missing a piece just the size of one block. The user must then only move two blocks, not 5 or 6... This way the fun bits are still the same (It still takes the same thought process to figure the puzzle's solution out, and the rewards the same). But one of the boring bits gets taken away! It's win / win!
This does make sense, I shall do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haunter View Post

Perhaps the solution to this problem is as simple as moving the pull-handle closer to the block puzzle? What do you think? Unfortunately I can't make any suggestions beyond that without further understanding the layout of the quest, but hopefully I've provided some food for thought.
The reason I had the lever at the front was because there was a chance of players becoming stuck by pulling a block onto the bridge and so if you had the lever at the end of the level they wouldn't be able to reach it, which is something I later saw happen several times, having it at the start could possibly be a chore but it does make it slightly more accessible.

Glad you like what you've seen so far, though I would be interested in knowing what the respawn issue is.