View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 02:41 AM
The Blackswan
pooper200000 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to pooper200000
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu View Post
I'm not taking a side here, but you can't be that naive. People have viewed this thread for the same reason I have: it keeps showing up as having new posts.
I'd like to point out more to this post. I'm not being naive, however I'm ignoring that obvious reason. Of course people will view the thread that shows first, but people continued to view it when it was not the thread on top. The reasons this thread kept getting posted in was because people had something to say about it. The reason the thread was viewed was because it was posted in. It is circular logic.

Quote:
I do not believe that it matters who writes the news, so long as it written in a way I like. On client, I do not know who writes the news. On the news pages on the wiki, I do not know who writes the news. The only to know who writes the news is to go in to the page's history, and if I care that much, then I'm just an immature idiot.
It is good to have one consistent person who has the title.

Quote:
This "News Administrator" is just a fluff position. No extra authority is granted, aside from the possibility that the person gets a global RC with the amazing power of chatting. It's grunt work that anybody with the right subscription could do, but doesn't really want to do. I believe that the only reason people have applied for the position is because they want to have an official title, because that's the only thing separating those people from any regular person adding news/
I think that you pose a good question. If this is a helper position will this person be granted additional rights?
I'd rather see someone who lacks rights so they aren't able to abuse rights.

Quote:
In short: all this fit throwing and arguing is over nothing, really. It doesn't matter who writes the news, because (1) the news doesn't depend on who's writing it, and (2) you'll never see the persons name unless you go looking for it. How many people actually read the news, anyways? I know I don't.
The news does depend who is writing it. Some people have different perspectives, and some news may be more interesting because of the writer's style. The person's name does not matter.

I know I read the news because I like to know what is going on with Graal. I've always had an interest in what is going on globally and I think it would be good if this helper position was hired. Hiring the helper position might help to get more news posted for some servers.