View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 05:45 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hezzy002 View Post
I didn't think that projectiles offered quite what I needed to emulate Graal's exactly, but I might've been wrong about that.
I'd say so too, there was always a lot of small problems you could only try to work around.
  • onActionProjectile is too sensative for when attempting to emulate old arrows/darts.
  • onActionProjectile2 is inconstant between Serverside and Clientside.
  • If you have custom damage or movement systems, you can't specify conditions for projectiles to ignore certain players.
  • There have been problems with the built-in isblockingprojectiles variable syncing from Serverside to Clientside in NPCs.
  • It's impossible to adjust the speed of projectiles, while allowing them to collide with wall tiles.
  • No way to shoot projectiles only within your client, without them syncing to other players.

In short, it's great if you're only trying to stick closely to Graal's built-in systems. Otherwise it's necessary to script your own projectile system if you want something perfectly reliable.