View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 04:28 AM
Kavan
iBeatz will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to iBeatz
Throwing bushes and stuff

I've been scripting my own movement system for a server, and I've been pondering over ways to make my script more efficient, which hopefully some of you can help me with.

First off, I've started working on a bush-throwing method for my movement script. What I've got at the minute is not terribly efficient in my opinion, as my script triggers the server from clientside, places a bush with putnpc2, and the class npc moves akin to a thrown bush.
With this, there is a noticeable delay between throwing the bush and the bush actually appearing, so I was wondering if there were any more efficient ways to achieve the same result.

Also, it seems when the player dies and then begins to move again, his default movement re-enables, and my movement script ceases to function. The only way I've managed to remedy this problem is by scheduling an event every 0.05 seconds to disable default movement until the player's hearts are above 0.
Again, I'd like to know if there is any function which executes when the player is revived.

Anything you guys can suggest will most likely be better than what I have, and it's much appreciated.

Intelligence without ambition is like a bird without wings.