View Single Post
Old 12-03-2006, 10:27 PM
Psionic Youth
Tyhm will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by zell12 View Post
Simple solution. Remove UN. The players will play somewhere.
That's a fix, sure, but it's not a Solution. That's just rearranging deck chairs on the titanic - another UN would rise and all the newbies would go there instead.

The Solution is for Classic to reclaim its title as Official Newbie Server. The method is to sticky it at the top of the playerworld list, so newbies go "OOH I GO THERE" and everyone who doesn't want to play there just ignores it, as though it were the column header or an old announcement.
Then, ideally, relax the restriction on Newbies Can't Save and Playerworlds Can't Give Passwords, so newbies can play Classic without the "Mask of Majora" syndrome - "Every time I go there, it's the same day! I have to redo the [by now] stupid Push The Block quest, then I have to redo the [by now] lame Save The Castle quest..." - instead they just get frustrated at having to remember a 20-character password on a nag-screen: "Just $20 to buy the game and upgrade forever, you'll never have to deal with another one of these Password Saves!" - but people will suffer through such things to play a Free Game, they're used to it.

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck
"I'm only acting retarded, what's your excuse?" queried the Gord.
- My pet, the Levelup Gnome

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...&postcount=233