Thread: Observations
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2006, 09:36 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi View Post
I have answered all these questions personally to people who asked, and on the UGCC, which you have read.
No you haven't, unless I missed this, in which case direct me to this Q and A session in a forum PM.
Quote:
It is merely outdated. Graal is capable of so much more now. Why spend the effort converting old levels, when you can take the concepts and stories and shed them in a greater light with a more polished look and feel, and adding better coding and a more interesting (eg? fun) story with it.
Outdated? I should remind you of the definition of Classic, but I won't, because I agree... to a degree. There was a lot of old content that should have never seen the light of a graalian day, and quite a few things that I'd like to see changed, but there was a good deal that could have been salvaged.
Quote:
I wrote a plot with an entire story, and all the quests and items connect.
I read a good deal of this story, it isn't great, not even good. From what I read, it kept reminding me of Legends of Zelda, and then I realised the story was ripped off of LTTP and then modified slightly.
Quote:
Mr. IWhineLikeEveryoneElse
Whine or making valid complaints, may I remind you, we've been waiting for 2 years for some actual content.
Quote:
the Staff on Classic have been working hard to bring it to life. There has been phenominal progress.
From what I've been told, not much progress has actually been made. Yes, I talk to the staff to get a picture of what is happening.
Quote:
To all that ask I answer whats up, but I have no reason to broadcast promises of whats to come, it just seems like a better idea to impress the people when it is done, ne?
Kind of like what Massokre had said when he begun, but 2 years later and we have nothing to show for it other than a contentless expansion of the overworld, and three lame quests (two of which could have been tiled, and scripted in 15-20 minutes a piece).
Quote:
To put it bluntly, imho, the old material sucks. Any idea that does not suck is just being recreated in a better form. It might have been logical if you raised this before, but for over a month there has been discussion on the progress. Do not choose to blatently ignore such things, crybaby.
I think Hell Raven is a more arrogant version of Massokre.