View Single Post
Old 06-21-2015, 11:56 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
I tried to get Sky to let me have access to edit and improve the inventory windows and such, and he did not give me access.

The inventory window has been virtually unchanged since 2002, which is a big issue....[/IMG]
I stopped reading after that... Because no its not virtually unchanged. The sack width has been expanded to allow 3 rows instead of 2. The window also added a new item type, actually a few I believe such as masks and capes. They also added other stats such as luck to the GUI. They also changed how text displayed so it didn't overlap the exp part.

I wouldn't say unchanged, and virtually unchanged would still be a far far reach. It has changed since I started back in 2002/2003.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conqueror View Post
All I can say as an active player here is the updates have definitely sparked some activity. People log on to actually DO something rather than idle in trade for hours; it's been exciting.

There's been a handful of changes with attack-types.

- Fear duration increased
- Slow potency increased (Props to Maroku on this one, as he had to re-code from scratch)
- Blind was made useful again
- Confusion appears to register proper hit direction now

And the possibility of acid, paralyze and a few other types are in the works. I think Maroku is working on a Quest System and some other projects at the moment.

I for one can say I've been very impressed by how much Sky/Maroku have been able to accomplish on their own in such a short period of time. Hopefully more will jump on board
Impressive job yes. Indeed. However, you just listed more pk based updates o.O... okay so we got run around and hit stuff like monsters and players.. lets call this pk for short.. so then we got leveling up in dungoeons, tigbot, new spells, new items.. Sorry to sound confused here but why no pride in the "puzzle" category? You know that basic stuff Graal used to have back in the day that hooked in thousands of players because puzzles are more addicting then running around and spamming the same key on a new object to attack it whether the object be a player or monster.. boring...

Also doesn't surprise me people are actually doing stuff. But your bending over backwards to benefit the same 13-20 people when I can guarantee if you checked how many unique IP addresses logged on gk you would see your pleasing the wrong people.

I also have this feeling by Quest System what you really mean is a bunch of boss's you pk and get prizes from like the crystal dungeon.

Last edited by scriptless; 06-21-2015 at 12:07 PM..