View Single Post
Old 04-11-2004, 05:58 PM
ZER0_H0UR is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ZER0_H0UR
Ok, I won't provide a link to Adobe Photoshop 7 for obvious reasons. But I will tell you how to make a transparent PNG! So here we go, open up photoshop.

Opening your file!
Go to "File>open"

Now a pretty little dialogue should pop up and since it's a window's standard you should be able to navigate easily.

Creating your transparencies!
Ok, so you got your file, you're a bigshot.

Go to "file>save for web"

Now there's a few things you're going to have to do before you can actually save in the PNG format, and of the most confusing things, this will probably be it. So... I'll explain it and add a screen shot, which will be provided for at the bottom of this page since there arn't any people online who can host for me

See up in the top right hand corner it says "save" then below save it says "cancel" anbd below that it says "done" ignore all of that for now, and look below it to "settings" This is where it gets hard, so pay attention.

The first drop down menu should have this selected:
PNG-8

The one below it should be:
Selective

The one beside it will say "colors" this should be set at 256

Check "Transparency" and leave the one beside it (matte) empty

Beneath Transparency it will say "No transparency" ignore that, aswell as the box to the right of it.

Web Snap should be at 0%

----------End configuration, and probably presets.---------

An eye dropper, Now what's that doing here? Good lord son, quickly now, quickly! Use the eye dropper to select the color you want to be trasparent, and then go down below, there should be 5 icons, and before them a number which tells you how many unique colors you have, go to the first one, yes the one with a checkered pattern and click it... dear god, my color disapared! Yea, it's transparent, funky, eh? Now with Photoshop you can set as many transparent colors as you wish, and unset them by selecting the color in the eye dropper box, and then un-clicking the checkered icon.

Here's your screen shot!

(after word: I'm feeling incredabley stupid, so I feel I've made a few mistakes on the technical side, if you notice them please feel free to enlighten me, since I may not have noticed, thanks.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	transparent_png.jpg
Views:	652
Size:	199.1 KB
ID:	27970  
Originally Posted by Monkeyboy_McGee
KK fien, but, i am no troll
*Goes back to his little stool under a bridge, just incase any sheep come along*