Thread: Shaded Legends
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 02:29 AM
David K?
Devil_Lord2 can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loakey_P2P View Post
the whole arka story line (when i was never a big fan of) was as such . as told to me by james, ben and other staff .
Quote:
out of some weird circumstance you ended up killing arka's father . so arka came after you, you killed him or thought you did which lead up to the intro where he found you and you thought he was dead . after that you lost you'r memory which is where the players adventure starts .
Yep, this is exactly how the new intro is so far.

Quote:
as you progress through the story you learn bits of the past, but still have no clue whats currently going on or whats to come .
Quote:
most of the story is just chasing arka as he searches for power or weapons or a certain person (hell if i know) .
So far so good... We have some neat plans along the way for this too, which you haven't seen or heard of so far.

Quote:
some time through it you learn about the worlds "spar tourney" for lack of a better word and discover about the shaded legend .
Talk to me more about this?

Quote:
most people want to debate about it being shaded legend or shaded legends cause everyone will eventually become one however this is all just a waste of frickin time . does it really matter that damn much ? its just a game, a story line . don't sweat the petty details just enjoy the damn game .
We can either ditch it or go with it, you told me it was part of the storyline and I'm trying to go exactly with how you say it, in a way I think will be creative for everyone. This is up to you. :x

It can either be becoming a Shaded Legend, or living a Shaded Legend, both are quite discretionary at this point. Your pick!

Quote:
as to the quest's being redone as i have done stated, many of them really could use some new levels as most were just simple and plain . more so i hope the idea of bosses are not taken out cause that was half the fun of em . some of them could use some tweaking with dialog and story line . I just hope it's not a whole lot . the whole puzzle thing was never that big on SL . we did one or two small ones but it has been used so much that it's really just old .
If ZeroG is still with me on this, quests will be much more quest like, puzzles will be longer and better in content as well. ZeroG likes RPG and Roguelike type things, find food for this person, take shoes to that person, names are given, it will be alright. If he is not with us, I will take longer in programming it, but I believe I can pull it off as well. (You'll notice when I say all this I'm mainly including my self, should everyone leave, I will work alone should I have to. While trying to reach out to others, and possibly get some help.

Quote:
Making the baddies one way for solo and another for several was just a waste of time .
We could just have it take how many are in a room into account for more health, that could be built into ZeroG's quest system possibly. Or Thyme could make it... programmers don't get alone all that well from what I've noticed. Thyme doesn't want help from anyone else, ZeroG does not want help from anyone else... It is a great personal trait to have of course, but it can... well... stagger productivity...

Quote:
In addition having to do stuff alone meant it kept players busy while awaiting new stuff to be released . instead of showing up one day, completing all the quest's, collecting everything they could and leaving never to come back . a lot of the players time was spent trying to get through the quest to the baddie, then figuring out a good tactic to defeating him . so you were lucky to beat one quest a day .
This is why I've mentioned facebook to you, people like trying to be the best, collecting things, or achieving things. Things like having hats does work. So we will have hats, metaphorically speaking.

Quote:
You will notice there are no default baddies used as we kept to custom ones like the bat and the rock . the same with weapons, one of our biggest problems was other servers coming out with stuff we started working on . Frankly it's a big disappointment that it don't get the recognition it deserves .
I believe our baddies will be fine, I can't say the classic hit, blink, and come back baddies will be there, but they will be fine.

As for recognition, people either like it, or have their own 'home base' that they will stick up for, putting other servers down on impulse. Maloria became Classic for about a week... most people are not willing to give up their main servers, they will however come on, say oh yeah this is cool, and go back to where they came. Unless of course they are magnificently impressed... However, when playing Maloria, one didn't know what to do... or maybe this was only myself. We have fixed that on our server... We will have to reach out to others who don't normally play PC too.

Quote:
instead people just show up on forums saying this suck's, that suck's, you suck . so much negativity towards one of the oldest server's in graal history .
I think you already know the personalities of most of the people on this forum, they aren't anyone to be worried about.

I just sent this to someone on Graalians, but this goes for everyone else.

Quote:
“Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up.”
― Jesse Jackson
Most people on this forum, or from what I've seen so far PC version of Graal, will give impolite... well I can't say criticism since they don't give reasons...
I'm not sure what to call it, they are only insolent.
Anyone giving judgement without reasoning should be taken lightly.

I'm sure you can see taking people lightly causes hatred in them too.
So you could always lie and pretend to understand which I will refuse to
do.
I don't kiss up, and I am not afraid to debate with
someone if they are willing to use logic..

If someone is correct, and can prove they are correct,
I will admit defeat, apologize, and move on.

I suggest not doing this if you actually want to make friends,
no one really cares about honesty.

Digital Media Artist - David K? </3 (UnLoved)
www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Last edited by Devil_Lord2; 05-16-2012 at 03:13 AM..