View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 09:46 PM
SL Oldbie
Loakey_P2P is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Loakey_P2P Send a message via Yahoo to Loakey_P2P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil_Lord2 View Post
I'm told Shaded
was taken off due to it being asked to be...

The whole Arka story line remains the same from what I was told it was supposed to be like. It being recreated from the start however...

Your father was killed by someone, you blame Arka,
Arka pushes you off a cliff, Arka puts a village on fire.
However, the village on fire will now be on the gmap.
(This means it will actually resemble the gmap village this time)
you are correct, the total number of dev players in the whole community was dropping fast . so i contacted people to just have it taken down .

the whole arka story line (when i was never a big fan of) was as such . as told to me by james, ben and other staff .

out of some weird circumstance you ended up killing arka's father . so arka came after you, you killed him or thought you did which lead up to the intro where he found you and you thought he was dead . after that you lost you'r memory which is where the players adventure starts . as you progress through the story you learn bits of the past, but still have no clue whats currently going on or whats to come . some time through it you learn about the worlds "spar tourney" for lack of a better word and discover about the shaded legend . most of the story is just chasing arka as he searches for power or weapons or a certain person (hell if i know) .

most people want to debate about it being shaded legend or shaded legends cause everyone will eventually become one however this is all just a waste of frickin time . does it really matter that damn much ? its just a game, a story line . don't sweat the petty details just enjoy the damn game .

as to the quest's being redone as i have done stated, many of them really could use some new levels as most were just simple and plain . more so i hope the idea of bosses are not taken out cause that was half the fun of em . some of them could use some tweaking with dialog and story line . I just hope it's not a whole lot . the whole puzzle thing was never that big on SL . we did one or two small ones but it has been used so much that it's really just old .

It was seen so many times on other servers we got tired of seeing the same old thing rehashed so the consensus was to try and make it more original . The whole multiplayer thing was ... well never given a thought . the bosses were a pain to do solo but if you throw in several people they become easy . Making the baddies one way for solo and another for several was just a waste of time . Time we could be using to add more content or improve pre-existing stuff . Not to mention shaded wasn't zodiac, or the other twelve servers that wanted to make a WOW server . In addition having to do stuff alone meant it kept players busy while awaiting new stuff to be released . instead of showing up one day, completing all the quest's, collecting everything they could and leaving never to come back . a lot of the players time was spent trying to get through the quest to the baddie, then figuring out a good tactic to defeating him . so you were lucky to beat one quest a day .

The basic idea of shaded was to keep with the "classic" style while throwing in some original and custom stuff . In the beginning they wanted to go with a rpg style server but it wasn't long till that was abandoned for a more classic style . You will notice there are no default baddies used as we kept to custom ones like the bat and the rock . the same with weapons, one of our biggest problems was other servers coming out with stuff we started working on . Frankly it's a big disappointment that it don't get the recognition it deserves .

instead people just show up on forums saying this suck's, that suck's, you suck . so much negativity towards one of the oldest server's in graal history .
-Past Sl Jobs * ET/LAT/NAT/LAT Admin/Developer/Admin/Head Admin/Asst. Manager/Manager
-Current Job - Retired

*Sorry you must have mistaken me for someone that cares .