View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 09:18 PM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
Step 1: Round up a set of levels, levels taken from any existing server will do, it doesn't matter.

Step 2: Ensure any complex scripting is removed from all levels. It is often said among iPhone staff that anything which may potentially constitute gameplay would be too laggy.

Step 3: Optionally create a GMAP which contains many inaccessible areas beyond the boundaries of your visible map. Players expecting to experience an adventure will inevitably find ways to reach these areas and will obtain a greater sense of accomplishment than less adventurous players.
If done successfully players will record their findings and upload them to youtube under the false pretence of them being new unreleased areas, giving hope to those who yearn for gameplay.

Step 4: Optionally search for tilesets such as within the free tiles threads to mix and match together. If done successfully you'll be able to say your tileset is new and improved without making too much effort.

Step 5: Ensure your server has plenty of staff toy... I mean tools. Players will love being manipulated by these, and shall generally remain loyal to the server in the hope of one day being able to fill your staffs boots, no pun intended.

Step 6: Create a jail level to imprison all of those who criticise your server or call your staff members naughty names on social networking sites or youtube. Ensure the jail is welcoming, a "Welcome to jail" message will suffice.

Step 7: Design a title screen. It is important that it doesn't reflect your server too much or else it will ruin the element of surprise.

Step 8: Collect hats.

Step 9: ???

Step 10: Profit.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
That's so true man.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Last edited by NicoX; 08-24-2011 at 10:50 PM..