View Single Post
Old 05-05-2005, 11:25 PM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
I can only post once a day here, so don't expect a quick reply or anything...

I believe I could bring back 2k1 to be the most popular server on Graal. I'm dying to get started on the project. I talked with Stefan about what I'd like to do, and he is trying to contact you (Lance) to set up a meeting of some sort. (or already has contacted you)

I wasn't with 2k1 since the day it opened, but I was around Graal when it opened, I joined around 5-6 months later. Shortly after, I was making graphics for it, then levels and scripts, then I was a full time developer. When Stefan left, Birdbird and I became co-managers, though it didn't pan out well because there were conflicts of interest. (basically, I didn't like the direction Birdbird was wanting to take)

However, I've done a lot of things for Graal over the years. I really don't know where to start, and I don't want to look conceited by listing every single thing I've ever done. All I can say is that it was a lot. I have already been in the management position so I know what to expect. I've also been in the position of developing a server for release, so I know what to expect there as well.

Like I told Stefan, I could single-handedly remodel 2k1 (though it's foolish to do so, I'm sure I'd want staff to help). The difference between 2k1 and Oasis was that with Oasis, my eyes were bigger than my stomach, so to speak. I planned things that I couldn't do entirely on my own, and I could never find anyone to help me with. It's not as if I got bored with Oasis, or decided it wasn't worth my time or something. I simply couldn't find a good enough scripter who would actually stick around for more than a day. It put a halt on the whole project.

I don't feel there needs to be any proving of who is better than who. We've both had experience with management. I'm not sure if you managed 2k1 while it was active. I was managing it when it had around 150-200 active people daily. I know what to expect.

I can also make any graphics, levels, ganis, sounds, or scripts, as far as what is needed for 2k1... so that I can make up for any development not getting done due to lack of staff. My work is of acceptable quality, as much of it is already on the server.

I really don't want this to get ugly, I don't have any evil intentions, I simply want to try my hand at reviving 2k1. If you're not progressing as fast as I could be, then it just seems wrong for you to hold on to it. Though I'm not entirely sure of your progress... you're very vague when it comes to answering that. I've been in game development for around 10 years and I know when someone is saying "we're making progress", that the project is either at a standstill, or it's barely moving. If you were making GOOD progress, you'd gladly be letting people know. You'd even be estimating release dates.