Thread: Era?
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2005, 09:53 PM
Era Developer
Bl0nkt will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Bl0nkt
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcBrit
Note: This is Alec/The Union Jack on a new account. Aramas' details were stored on my old AOL e-mail address which is no longer in existence.

Andrew, you are right and wrong there. Some of the administrators were corrupt, not all. Some of the player figureheads were corrupt, not all. It's funny, though. Being called 'corrupt' on is like someone being called 'stupid'.

Some time ago, I worked with Phayze on a couple of side projects - you know, renovations of certain buildings and what not. I believe someone who was owned Dippin' Donuts (Not Little Green Man [LGM]) had asked Phayze to redo the levels. When he said he couldn't at the moment, the player got angry and called him corrupt and a slew of other names.

Tash was a special case. Good, then bad. I remember when items were duplicated heavily and randomly placed all about Era by a couple of people who I won't name. He stayed on for the better part of the early morning hours recollecting each of these duplicated weapons from people who had the misfortune of purchasing them or getting tricked into holding them.

Then, unfortunately, this good apple went bad. After some months, he was let go and exacted his revenge on Chrisz, me and the rest of the staff hierarcy by somehow obtaining the NPC's for the block-dropper and placing thousands of them all over Era. This is when I stayed on until the early daylight hours removing blocks from every niche of Era. Thankfully, Tseng logged on and created a neat NPC to clear all blocks from the level in a snap and a breeze.

Despite all of the tragedies and setbacks, I'm sure new Era, under the guidance of Rick should be an interesting experience nonetheless. It just needs a faithful playerbase and the absence of naysayers who would much rather debate over how much it shall pale in comparison to the glory days.

All I can say is wait it out. You have not even seen what is yet to come, folks. Let it ride, give it a whirl and if you don't like it - then talk about it.

It's good to be back.
Was that post in a British accent?